This blog began with my experience in Peru as an Incarnate Word Missionary and will continue to chronicle the footsteps on the path I make by living each moment through thoughts, questions, reflections, and stories. The title comes from the Antonio Machado poem "Caminante no hay camino" which tells how there is no road, the road is made by walking (se hace camino al andar). Blessings on the journey! Bendiciones en el camino!
Thursday, March 11, 2010
La Sagrada 10/3/10
God came to me today in the form of chocolate, yes - chocolate. Sometimes it is the simple pleasures in life that just make your whole day wonderful or let you know that some kind of divine presence loves you - and that message was carried to me in the delicious mix of chocolate ice cream with chocolate brownie. I had actually been thinking most the day how long it had been since I had something chocolatey and was considering going to one of the nearby house stores and buying a chocolate bar. But thankfully before I went Jane came downstairs and said she was going to cook brownies. What good fortune! So I patiently waited while the brownies cooked and filled the house with the most delicious aroma. Then when they were finally ready to eat, Marcelle offered me some of the chocolate ice cream she had in the freezer. Double chocolate treat! So as I sat down with my bowl of chocolate brownie and chocolate ice cream and took my first bite, I was truely in heaven. mmmmm Gracias a Dios for Jane, Marcelle, and chocolate...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment