I don´t have nearly enough time to write down everything from the last few days, but I just wanted to let people know that I made it to Peru ok and am doing fine. Marcelle and I arrived in Lima late Tuesday night and spent a few days in Lima with Jane and Julie and Sisters Rosaleen and Ann Marie. We were able to get our resident ID cards in just two days which is a really good turnaround and then traveled to Chimbote on Friday. The trip was about 7 hours total. The house has been a bit crazy with rearranging and having extra people so probably in a week or so I will be more settled in. I have met a lot of people and been in sensory overload with all the new sights, sounds, and smells. There is a lot of dirt everywhere because we in the coastal desert area and most of the roads including ours are not paved, so no matter how much we sweep and clean there is always dirt on the floors. I´m pretty ok with that though. :) The community here is wonderful and is very helpful and supportive in our transition. I think it will be a really great group to live with for the next year (the other three girls will only be here for my first year). Ok, well that´s all for now. There is a lot more to share but I´ll try and type everything up and then just upload it all at once when I get a chance.
peace and love
No comments:
Post a Comment