Thursday, August 6, 2009

Incarnation/1

So I have to be honest and say that I really didn’t know very much at all about the Sisters of Charity of the Incarnate Word before (or really even after) I signed up to be an Incarnate Word Missionary. But learning about the sisters, their history, and their mission and charism I am loving that this is the group that is supporting me in going to Peru! These sisters are pretty amazing. Being Incarnate Word sisters, they are all about Incarnation (duh) and being the very incarnation of the divine in the world, as well as recognizing the divine incarnate in all other beings. Beautiful. In order to clear up any potential confusion about what exactly I will be doing in Peru or perhaps thinking I am “volunteering,” “serving,” or “helping” the people in Chimbote, I can tell you exactly what my mission is: to incarnate the love of God in the world. Yep, that’s it. (although "it" does not mean a simple or easy way of life). Isn’t that great? I am here, wherever that might be, to be love and maybe hopefully inspire loves recognition of itself in others (thus by me living and embracing the divine spirit in me I hope to awaken and inspire the divine spirit in others). Now that’s a mission and vocation I can get behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment