This blog began with my experience in Peru as an Incarnate Word Missionary and will continue to chronicle the footsteps on the path I make by living each moment through thoughts, questions, reflections, and stories. The title comes from the Antonio Machado poem "Caminante no hay camino" which tells how there is no road, the road is made by walking (se hace camino al andar). Blessings on the journey! Bendiciones en el camino!
Sunday, February 21, 2010
La Sagrada 21/2/10
Well, today I have felt sick all day. I woke up feeling pretty weak and dizzy and have had a terrible headache all day. So I took that as an invitation to care for the divine presence within me and to send some loving gratitude to my body that I often ignore. One of the blessings in being sick or having a specific part of your body ache is that it draws your attention to something you normally take for granted or forget. So today I was acutely aware of my head, eyes, ears, and throat and how poorly I am able to focus and be present when these senses are off. I need to care for my body as much as the larger body of humanity because when one part is off it throws everything else off too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment